GRIDIRON ICON PLAYER OF THE WEEK CONTEST RULES
1. Nominations and photographs for the contest must feature American football; including, but not limited to, game play or fandom. All inappropriate, racist, derogatory or pornographic material will be immediately disqualified. All decisions are final and made by the Gridiron Icon staff.
2. Any minor (under 18 years of age in U.S.) must be nominated by an adult parent, sibling, etc.
3. Winners are announced every Monday, with honors lasting until the following calendar Monday. All nominations must be in email form and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make all submission's by the prior Sunday night 11:59 p.m. PST.
4. All ages of football player or fan are welcome: from baby's first game, to active players at all levels of football and even our loyal elderly fans. Every fan and player counts!
5. Each entry should contain the following information: a) Name of player or fan in photograph b) Name of photographer (first and last) c) Date and location of photograph d) A short (1-3 sentences) description of the photograph or game stats/highlights e) Entrant’s/Nominator's contact information (e-mail address required)
6. Two photographs may be submitted.
7. The top four or five entries for the week will be voted on by the Gridiron Icon staff
8. One Player of the Week winner will be selected. The winner will receive a Gridiron Icon original t-shirt, with option to personalize the design.
9. Entries will be judged by the Gridiron Icon staff. Entries will be judged on achievement, outstanding statistic or highlights, creativity and originality, and the quality of the image. All decisions of the judges are final. The contest organizers reserve the right to disqualify entries which do not conform to the stated contest rules and criteria.
11. Winners be announced on the Gridiron Icon website and social media pages the week after voting occurs. Contest winners will be notified by e-mail.
12. Photos and highlights will be displayed on the Gridiron Icon website and select social media fan pages. Select photos may be used in future Gridiron Icon promotional materials and marketing.
13. Entries may not contain the following: alcohol, drugs, or any kind of illegal or inappropriate behavior. Entries that contain any inappropriate material will be disqualified.
15. By nominating and submitting a Player of the Week via email, entrants are agreeing to grant Gridiron Icon the absolute and irrevocable right and permission to use, re-use, publish, and re-publish the photographs in displays related to the contest; in Gridiron Icon printed and electronic publications and in conjunction with any copyrighted matter, in any and all media now or hereafter known for illustration, promotion, art, advertising and trade, news, informational and educational purposes and to copyright the same, under its original name or otherwise. The nominator and nominee thereby releases and discharges Gridiron Icon from any and all claims and demands arising out of or in connection with the use of the photos and submission details, including without limitation any and all claims for invasion of privacy.
16. Deadline for entries: Sunday night, 11:59 PM
Submit your entries to email@example.com. Good luck!